by Melanie Curtis on October 30, 2013
Relationships matter. In life, in business, and definitely in service entrepreneurship. As we build genuine, connected relationships, positive word of mouth behind our business begins to grow. When positive word of mouth grows, more people want to get in on the goodness.
So how can we improve and even increase the positive relationships and positive word of mouth that help build our business?
Here’s a list of 6 things you can try:
1. Give exceptional customer service. Go above and beyond in your service as much as you possibly can. Look for opportunities to exceed expectations.
2. Write thank you notes. Make the effort not only to appreciate people, but in a way that stands out. In these days of easy emails and electronic everything, a hand-written note speaks volumes.
3. Return phone calls. Yes, it’s easier to text. Yes, it’s easier to email. But when someone makes the effort to call you, do the same in return on a respectful timeline and you will build trust and returned respect with that person.
4. Reach out for no reason. We all like to know that we matter. If you’re thinking about someone, let them know. Drop them a quick line to say hi and ask how it’s going. Haven’t sent any hello notes in a while? Click through your facebook friends and write 5 people that stand out as you click through.
5. Help out whenever you can. Certainly you can’t help out everyone all the time, but when you can, do it. We all know what it takes to take the time for someone else, so when you do, it can transform any surface relationship into an inspired one.
6. Care. May sound obvious, but if we actually care about others, no matter what the relationship, in whatever area of life, they will feel it, and return the care. It may come back in new customers or a simple testimonial, but it will come back in a way that supports your positive future.
Give these a go and see what happens. A little effort goes a long way to transform our relationships from basic to beautiful.
With that, watch the good vibes and your bottom line transform as well!
Melanie Curtis is a life coach, writer, world traveler, art lover, movie-maker, homeowner, professional skydiver, fiancé, and Founder and CEO of Highcomms.com. Melanie goes huge in all aspects of her life, living her version of “the dream,” and helps other people live theirs too through coaching, education, transformative conversations, and no-nonsense accountability.